River Ridge Cats
River Ridge Road, Box 172
Pipestem, WV 25979
TICA Registration No. 23379
River Ridge Savannahs Cattery Purchase
Name:________________________Date of Birth_______________________
THIS KITTEN IS BEING SOLD TO:
Address of Buyer:_______________________________________________
City, State, Zip:_________________________________________________
Phone:___________________________________ Email Address:__________________________________
_____________________________________ (Seller) of River Ridge Farm agrees to sell to Buyer, the kitten designated
above for a price of $____________which includes a non-refundable deposit of
$__________ paid on (date)__________________________________. Balance of purchase price to be paid before delivery of the kitten unless payments are arrarged as follows:
If using Paypal to purchase kitten, 3% fee must be added to final price.
Ownership of Cat transfers to Buyer at the point that: 1) Buyer takes physical possession of the Cat if meeting directly with Seller, or, 2) Seller delivers Cat to third-party shipper. Liability of Seller for said Cat ends upon acceptance of Cat by shipping firm. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to file any claims with shipping company. Buyer agrees to call, text, or email Seller within one hour upon initial receipt of cat, if not physically taken directly from Seller.
If shipping is required, Buyer is responsible for all shipping fees (airline fees, appropriate carrier, health certificate, escort services) which will be no less than $400. Delivery costs will be negotiable between Buyer and Seller if transporting by car. Failure to pay in full for the kitten and shipping costs by mutually agreed date will result in loss of deposit by Buyer, and Seller shall then be free to place the kitten with another buyer. Should Buyer for any reason have a change of heart and elect NOT to take delivery, Seller agrees to reimburse Buyer 50% of purchase price once a suitable new home has been secured. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The kitten described above is being sold as a pet _______ breeder_______ (check one) with the following consideration:
If female kitten goes home prior to spay, buyer will supply paid receipt from veterinarian to seller showing prepaid estimated
expenses for spaying procedure. Name and address of vet must be included with copy of receipt.
1. Buyer accepts the responsibility of caring for the kitten and will provide properly for its welfare. Buyer agrees to keep the kitten indoors in a clean and pleasant environment, uncaged and with proper nutrition, health care, and companionship.
2. Buyer agrees that if this kitten was purchased as a pet (not for breeding or showing), he/she may be altered before delivery.
3. Health Guarantee: This kitten is guaranteed of sound health upon delivery or arrival, and for a period of 72 hours thereafter if vetted within that time. Failure to have the animal checked by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours will void any guarantee. The kitten must be isolated from other pets for at least two weeks to acclimate to its new surroundings. If found to be medically deficient with an untreatable or life-threatening problem, this must be reported to the Seller immediately. If professional medical care is given to the kitten during the 72-hour period, the Buyer shall be responsible for all veterinary and professional expenses incurred on behalf of the kitten. The Seller shall at no time and under no circumstances be liable for more than the replacement of the kitten. Upon its return, it will be replaced with another kitten of equal value. The Seller reserves the right to return a cash refund. If no replacement is available at the time of return, Seller will have up to one year to furnish a comparable kitten. The kitten cannot be returned for compensation after the guaranteed period has expired and/or it has been exposed to another animal. Seller will not honor any health guarantee if the kitten dies of a virus from contact with another animal not bred at this Cattery. The Buyer agrees to provide immediate veterinary care to this kitten if it shows signs of distress, illness, or injury. Failure to do so will render the guarantee null and void. If the kitten dies within the guarantee period, despite medical treatment, compensation will be made ONLY if a licensed veterinarian certifies the cause of death. When the kitten arrives at your home he/she will have been inoculated at least twice for (1) Panleukopenia, (2) Viral Rhinotracheitis, (3) Calicivirus. Health guarantee is null and void if this kitten is given FIP, FeLV or FIV vaccination. We pride ourselves in raising healthy, vaccinated, parasite-free kittens. Said kitten/cat leaves our Cattery, to the best of our knowledge, in healthy condition. We do not recommend vaccinating this kitten/cat with the FIP, FIV or FeLV vaccines. These vaccines are not proven to be void of risk. In particular, the FIP vaccine is not safe. (Feline Infectious Diseases, Chapter 7, page Fifty-four, (first column-last paragraph). Reference work is written by Niels C. Pedersen, D.V.M. Ph.D.)
4. The kitten is guaranteed against congenital defects for ONE YEAR. Should the animal die within that time as a direct result of a congenital defect, including FIP, the cat will be replaced ONLY if an appropriate necropsy is performed by a licensed veterinarian and a veterinarian's certificate is provided as proof of cause of death. A replacement will be made of a cat of comparable quality and value, as available, at the discretion of the Seller. NO CASH REFUNDS.
5. The buyer agrees that this cat will at no time be sold, leased, or given to any pet shop, animal dealer, animal research facility, animal shelter or to anyone who has ever been convicted of neglect of or cruelty to an animal, nor shall it be abandoned. It is the intention of the Seller that the Buyer be a permanent placement. If at any time the Buyer becomes unable to care for the kitten, Seller is given the right of first refusal. If the Seller does not receive the kitten, it is the responsibility of the Buyer to place the kitten in a home that meets the same conditions as stated in this contract.
6. Declawing (onychectomy) is a surgical procedure in which the entire last digit of a cat’s toe(s) is amputated. This is comparable to severing a human being’s finger at the last joint. The operation can result in a prolonged and painful recovery period, during which the cat must walk, stand, and use the litterbox regardless of her/his discomfort. Buyer agrees that the kitten purchased from Seller will not be declawed unless life-threatening to kitten. If required, any onychectomy will be a laser procedure as certified by veterinarian.
7. Kitten will be microchipped by Seller.
Any term or provision of this Agreement that is invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall be ineffective only to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and only as to such jurisdiction without rendering invalid or unenforceable the remaining terms and provisions of this Agreement or affecting the validity or enforceability of any of these terms or provisions in any other jurisdiction. (Severability)
• Any changes to the kittens diet should be made slowly as sudden changes may result in episodes of diarrhea.
• Your kitten has been fed Blue Buffalo dry kitten kibble for cats, Royal Canin kitten wet, and ground raw chicken. It is recommended that your kitten remain on this food for at least the first year and have access to dry food and fresh water at all times. The kitten has been presented with raw and cooked poultry.
• The kitten should be given frequent and kind human attention with a generous amount of play and exercise.
• The kitten should not be caged with the exception of short-term confinement if necessary.
• Your kitten is covered litter box trained and has been using Shwheat Scoop, a Natural Litter
- The two week isolation period is more than a health precaution. It is vital to reinforce litter box habits and assist in human bonding with you, the new owner. Please don't ignore this important socialization step with your new baby.
In signing this document, Buyer acknowledges that he/she has read, fully understands, and agrees to all of the terms and conditions of the above sale.
As our first concern is for the well-being of our cats, we reserve the right to refuse the sale of any cat or kitten to any individual at any time.